Sunday, November 8, 2009

Art of Noise

Sooo... I thought since I'm new to this, my first post will be something that I'm really familiar with... music. I can't say how tired I am of the typical, Gucci Mane, Trey Songz, Nicki Minaj, Drake, Lil Wayne... the list of artists I'm getting tired of goes on... I really wish people would learn to diversify themselves and look outside of the box to find music that's different. Call me a politician, but I really get tired of listening to lyrics ab: drugs, sex, money, && hood politics. I'm sorry, none of that shit does ANYTHING for me. And I mean, call me crazy, but they don't do much for anyone else, or we would all be much better off... Sigh. Anyway, what I'm addicted to right now, crazy techno/borderline hippie/sixties acid music, as I like to call it. If you're looking for music about NONSENSE that makes more sense than mainstream bullshit, look no further than MGMT, Passion Pit, The Faint, The Kooks, && Empire of the Sun. They get kudos from me for their non-typical beats, melodies, and lyrics... Catchy but not cheesy... Bold but not offensive... All in all, win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...