Saturday, July 24, 2010

Blown As Possible.



You know, you never realize someone's true thoughts or real intentions until they say something slick... Not sarcastic, but something they just slip in the convo to fill it, but hope that you don't catch on to... I was on the receiving end of one of those convo's today... Quote: "I've been looking for a singer that looks as good as you..." Any simpleton would've seen this as a compliment, but of course, not I. I was kinda offended, so I asked, "why do looks matter?" To which he replied "Say I do a song with you, and I want you to perform with me somewhere, people react to good looking artists better" I was disgusted. I mean, hear is this dude that's an amateur talking to me like he's a record exec! WTF?! Who do you think you are to have that kind of mindset? Right now you should be grateful for ANYONE that wants to drop a note for you. I hate listening to popular music for that very reason... The music industry focuses too much on a "look" rather than talent. If they did their jobs, there would be no Ciara (unless she was a dancer) , no Ashanti, etc... Why? Bc they're ASS. It's been proven. They just look good. I mean, if the product sucks, you ATLEAST have to make it look good. Which leads me to believe that you're not confident in your music if you have to rely on someone's looks to market it... But that's just my opinion... So, he probably ruined the chance of ever getting a note from me.. I have no tolerance for ignorance... Ungrateful ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...