Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Can't you see how my heart yearns to misbehave?"



So... I'm bored. And in the midst of all my boredom I began to think, and back track, and reflect, and analyze... and I thought ab the age old question "Why don't you have a boyfriend, girl?!" Instead of giving the usual, long-winded reply of "because I refuse to settle for something I really don't want, and def don't need for the sake of a title," I sat and thought ab the question. Yes, it's probably HIGHLY unusual that I've been in only one (side-eye) relationship and I'm damn near 21, but my standby question is why.do.you.give.a.fuck. No but really, I'm not one to share my demons with everyone that gives me a puzzled stare after I respond, but SHIT.

I admit, I'm afraid of commitment. And for me, that's fine. I don't think you should anchor yourself to anything in life but your family. Only one thing is constant in life, and that is change, so WHY in the hell would I try to begin something concrete and meaningful at such a transitory period?! It took me awhile to figure it out, but it just doesn't make sense! I think it goes back to the age-old mentality that "women of marrying age should be preparing to court, fuck, and live a long monotonous life of submission and service," and I refuse to feed into it.

On the other hand, don't you people in happy and healthy relationships have better things to do than ask me ab my love life? ...oh that's right, you don't, because you're b o r e d. Eventually that shit gets redundant! Right? I mean, it just has to! I'm a planner, over-thinker, and lover of all things structured, but my GOD! Something ab "rooting" myself and another person for a long period of time just turns me right the hell on off. I need adventure, danger, a different face!

Needless to say my views on relationships are a bit unconventional, and the next person that asks me that bum ass question is going to get an ear-full of slightly cynical realism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...