Thursday, March 22, 2012

Purity Ring/Neon Indian





So last night I went to the Purity Ring/Neon Indian concert and it was fucking amazing. Like really though... I always wondered how Electronica/Chillwave sounds live and it's an awesome experience. To see everybody's head bobbing to PR it was just... you should've been there. lol












So, this was quite possibly the dopest shit I've ever witnessed. Corin comes out dressed like a Greaser, and Megan comes out with a kinda fifties swing dress on... he starts banging on this thing with bulbs and she does this wail and greatness ensues. To watch his static, mechanical nature compared to her almost holistic, trance like presence, coolest shit ever. I def want (to buy) this album whenever it comes out.


Neon Indian












It goes without saying that the lighting was the shizz at the show. I felt like I was ab to have a seizure... a good one though. Excuse the smoky pictures, hehadafuckingfogmachinethatimpairedmycamerasexpertvision. AND he wouldn't stay still, so yeh, profiles. lol But he played all my favorite songs, and the jig he did the entire set... priceless. He also introduced me to my new muse, synth player Leanne Macomber.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...