Wednesday, October 10, 2012

DIY...

...also known as, possibly fucking it up for cheap.








So, like everyone else in the world, I just HAD to havmesome
studded grandaddy loafers, but I didn't want the 
ones with lame ass studs where you fold the prongs in
the back, and I didn't wanna pay $100+ for some
shit in the mall. *gives hipster look of disdain*
Ergo, I decided, I #mineaswell (a snow leopard dies every time it's spelled like this)
do it myself.


What I used:
Ab 125 tree spikes (studsandspikes.com)
Yellow loafers from Urban Outfitters
super glue
highlighter


-mark the spots where you want the studs to be, I used a green
highlighter so that I messed up it wouldn't b that noticeable.
-start by gluing the screw backs to the studs on the spots.  
Make sure to apply pressure for about a minute
to make sure it holds.  If you use
the kind of glue I did, be careful bc that shit gets on everything.
-wait 24hrs for them to dry
-swag that shit out like it cost $200.


Other DIYs drill holes in the shoes, but, and it may just
be me, these shoes are narrow as shit and 
hurt my achilles tendon as is, so I would assume
that the backs of the studs would be even worse.


voila. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...