Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Unthinkable



Now, I haven't rocked with Alicia from a musical aspect for about two years. I still hold to what I've said previously that she can NOT sing, but she is a wonderful musician, && I must say, although this one was written by Drake, it's one of my favorites of all time. I miss the mature Alicia that wasn't tryna "pop-up" her sound to seem more marketable to a younger audience... I liked the old Alicia, cornrows, a piano, && a pen was all she USED to need. That was was when she was at her peak in my opinion. This new batch of "twenty-bopper" love tunes blows my balls. After "Diary of Alicia Keys," I was done. "Teenage Love Affair" broke my heart. Wtf?! It was like watching Mariah Carey's career for a second time, slow and fatal digression. Anyway THIS song, is mine... I mean, I heard it, && couldn't stop playing it, couldn't stop singing it, couldn't stop thinking ab how relevant it was to my life.... Ahem, but the video is def not what I expected. The concept, clever, but a tad overdone. Not as much drama as I would've liked, but a helluva lot of fake emotion, on Alicia's part. Her "acting" is pretty good, but she's a terrible lyrical mime lol. Anyway, watch, listen, && ponder... My overall grade, A-.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...