Tuesday, March 9, 2010

...I'm in Love With Her.



Call me slightly lesbian, but uhhhhhhh I'm in love with her. Her name is Muhsinah [stage]. The Rundown, D.C. native, with the funk, vibe, && soul of a globe trotter. Singer, songwriter, producer, this one does it all... The first time I heard her was around late 2008, early 2009... && the song that struck me was "Discovery" from the album Daybreak 2.0. From then on, I'm ashamed to say, I forgot ab her once I realized it's hard as HELL to download her stuff for free... My mistake. Then last year, her name resurfaced to me around October. I downloaded a shitload of her music collabs, all that, && I was thoroughly impressed. Her deep, controlled vocals, soft, soulful, melodic tone, matched with spacey beats intrigues the hell out of me. Kinda see a little bit of myself, if I was a little more confident but uhhhhhhh yeh. She's fab. She deserves her nickname "the golden girl." Surely a precious metal amidst la basura that graces the airwaves these days... So if you have time on your hands look her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...