Monday, August 8, 2011

Pinned.



I'm not sure when exactly this happened, but around the time I stopped combing perming my hair, I simultaneously became the poster-child for modern black supremacy... this is quite perplexing to me as I don't believe in or advocate in any kind of supremacy... but ANYWAY. After coming from an extended stay in a county with blatant colorism issues, I have taken it upon myself to look at more black blogs, news threads, etc...

However, this has done nothing but piss me off. Don't get me wrong, I recognize that there are issues within the black community, and that with every issue there is a cause, effect, yada yada yada... but after reading post after post ab black people problems, it seems the main problem is US!

We are the only race [used loosely] that needs validation for everything and the only one that has an official excuse for our short-comings [see slavery.] You never hear white people say "That [insert name of affluent african-american] has to be caucasian, I mean he [insert positive thing that makes the race as a whole look good]. !" You'll probably never hear an Asian say "Asians can't prosper because we were colonized by Europeans for _______ years!" But black people, politicans [both back porch and podium], bourgeoisie, and the "under-class," all pull these same cards everytime there's a damn argument.

Why can't we find another premise? Maybe I'm just too naive to see why a thing that ended 100+ years ago still hinders us... We hate white people because they were our masters, so is it fair to say that in modern times we should hate ourselves since now we're our own overseers?
majorly self-inflicted problems of our society? What's a "colored" girl to do?


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...